Which would be an emotional symptom of depression?
Feelings of sadness, tearfulness, emptiness or hopelessness. Angry outbursts, irritability or frustration, even over small matters. Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities, such as sex, hobbies or sports. Sleep disturbances, including insomnia or sleeping too much.
Which of the following is the most common symptom of depression?
According to the U.S. National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), the main symptoms and signs of depression are the following: persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood. feelings of hopelessness, pessimism. feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness.
What are the 3 most serious symptoms of depression?
Major depressive disorder
- loss of interest in most regular activities.
- significant weight loss or gain.
- sleeping a lot or not being able to sleep.
- slowed thinking or movement.
- fatigue or low energy most days.
- feelings of worthlessness or guilt.
- loss of concentration or indecisiveness.
- recurring thoughts of death or suicide.
Is depression an emotional reaction?
In summary, Study 1 findings suggest that depression is associated with a deficit in the in-the-moment emotion responses, consistent with the ECI hypothesis.
How does depression affect mentally?
Symptoms Of Depression
Individuals suffering from depression may become reclusive and uninterested in activities that typically bring pleasure. They may have overwhelming feelings of sadness, guilt, or hopelessness, and chronic fatigue that lead them to push friends and family away.
What is the most serious form of depression?
Clinical depression is the more-severe form of depression, also known as major depression or major depressive disorder.
What are the signs of stress?
Physical, emotional and behavioral symptoms develop.
- Physical symptoms of stress include:
- Aches and pains.
- Chest pain or a feeling like your heart is racing.
- Exhaustion or trouble sleeping.
- Headaches, dizziness or shaking.
- High blood pressure.
- Muscle tension or jaw clenching.
- Stomach or digestive problems.