Antidepressants often prescribed for chronic fatigue include: Tricyclics: amitriptyline (Elavil), desipramine (Norpramin), notriptyline (Pamelor) Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs): citalopram (Celexa), escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft)
What antidepressant gives you the most energy?
Prozac (fluoxetine) and Wellbutrin (bupropion) are examples of “energizing” antidepressants; whereas Paxil (paroxetine) and Celexa (citalopram) tend to be more sedating.
What is the best medicine for fatigue?
In several studies, modafinil (Provigil), a prescription drug that promotes wakefulness and alertness, has been shown to reduce fatigue. Like amantadine, it can cause sleep problems if taken too late in the day.
How can I increase my energy with antidepressants?
Consider these strategies:
- Take a brief nap during the day.
- Get some physical activity, such as walking.
- Avoid driving or operating dangerous machinery until the fatigue passes.
- Take your antidepressant at bedtime if your doctor approves.
- Talk to your doctor to see if adjusting your dose will help.
Is there an antidepressant that doesn’t cause fatigue?
Studies have shown that bupropion (Wellbutrin) is just as effective as SSRIs for the remission of major depressive symptoms. Those taking bupropion are less likely to suffer symptoms of sleepiness and fatigue than those treated with SSRIs.
Which antidepressant is best for concentration?
Types of Antidepressants for Adult ADHD
- Bupropion (Wellbutrin)
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
- Tricyclic antidepressants like desipramine (Norpramin) and imipramine (Tofranil)
- Venlafaxine (Effexor)
What are the 3 types of fatigue?
There are three types of fatigue: transient, cumulative, and circadian:
- Transient fatigue is acute fatigue brought on by extreme sleep restriction or extended hours awake within 1 or 2 days.
- Cumulative fatigue is fatigue brought on by repeated mild sleep restriction or extended hours awake across a series of days.
What can you do for extreme fatigue?
Eating a healthful diet and getting regular physical activity can help reduce fatigue for many people. Treating the underlying cause of fatigue, whether this is poor sleep or a health condition, also helps. When fatigue affects safety , it becomes a public health concern.
What vitamins help with fatigue?
The 5 Best Vitamins for Energy & Tiredness
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) …
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) …
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) …
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) …
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
What antidepressant helps with anxiety and sleep?
Sedating antidepressants that can help you sleep include: Trazodone (Desyrel) Mirtazapine (Remeron)
- Citalopram (Celexa)
- Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Paroxetine (Paxil)
- Sertraline (Zoloft)
Which antidepressant is best for weight loss?
“We found that bupropion is the only antidepressant that tends to be linked to weight loss over 2 years,” study leader David Arterburn, MD, Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, Washington, said in a Group Health Research Institute news release.
Do antidepressants give you motivation?
This is because antidepressants can increase your energy and motivation levels, which may be very low while you are depressed. Early in your treatment, you may experience more energy and motivation before your feelings of depression have started to lift.